Women And Their Political Exploitations
The plague is the systematic and violent exploitation of women. This exploitation takes many forms, depriving women of their most basic freedom, robbing them of their health, Keeping them away from the education they need and deserve, and condemning them to lives without economic opportunity. It is particularly cogent to focus on womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s political participant because the realm of politics has been marked by both significant under-representation of women-politicians and the exclusion of gender issues. Furthermore, negative consequences of globalization (e.g. Economic Exploitation) aggravate womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s lives in poorer countries, especially when strong political commitment and will to implement gender equality are absent. It is possible, however, to make globalization processes support social justice through the democratization of local, national and international spaces and such democratization is inherently political and therefore recent developments with respect to womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s political participation.
K N CHOUDHARY
K N Choudhary took B A degree with rank in Sociology and MA and MPhil in the same discipline and started his career as a teacher and simultaneously drawn in to social work working for the poor women . As the demand of social work become more pressing, he gave up the job and devoted himself to the cause of the backward classes and the various problems faced by them and the upliftment of the suffering humanity.
1. Women and Change in Understanding Social Roles in New Asia
2. Patterns of Social Change in a Burmese Family 27
3. The Life of Ceylon Women 47
4. WomenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Roles in India: A Sociological Review 111
5. The Roles of Women in Indonesia 135
6. Yesterday and Today in Laos 149
7. Women in Malay Society 171
8. Changing Patterns of a Pakistan Family 191
9. Women in the Philippines 217
10. Chinese Women of Singapore: Their Present Status in the Family and in Marriage233
11. Thailand: Equality between the Sexes 253
12. A Woman of Vietnam in a Changing World 271