Terrorism And Political Violence : Motives And Motivation
The book "Terrorism and Political Violence : Motives and Motivations" reflects various disciplines and theoretical perspectives related to political violence and terrorism. It aims to give academic rigour to a field which hitherto has lacked it, and encourages comparative studies. It focuses on the political meaning of terrorist activity, such as violence by rebels and by states, on the links between political violence and organized crime, protest, rebellion, revolution, and human rights. It also covers the topics-violent crime and laws; political aspects of recovery; suicide terrorism; political approach to study terrorism; suicide bombers' motivation etc. This book is beneficial for all academics, decision makers and security specialists concerned with understanding political violence.
Rakesh Bhambri has completed his Master and M Phil degree in Political Science from Pondicherry University. During his MA and M Phil study period he has actively participated in many public debates on the various topic related to Terrorism and Political Violence, which directly refers towards his area of interest. Presently, he is one of the nationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s leading constitutional theorists and enthusiastic author of some common subject on Ã¢â‚¬Å“International Security and Strategy Issues: He had not only authored books and journals but also is playing a prominebnt role as contribution editor and author of many books based Terrorism and Violence.
1. Introduction 1
2. The Emergence of Insurgencies and Terrorism 23
3. Knowledge for Blast-Effect Mitigation and Protective Designs 45
4. Illegal Firearm Acquisition 101
5. Violent Crimes and Right0-to-Carry Laws 127
6. Political Violence and Contexts of Terrorism
7. Political Aspects of Recovery 173
8. Experience violence and Contexts of Terrorism 141
9. Suicide Terrorism and Its menace 207
10. Extreme Violence and Terrorist Motivations 239
11. |Political Approach to the Study of Terrorism 265
12. Suicide BombersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Motivation 287