Religion In 21st Century
Humans may sometimes look like individuals, but the truth is that all humans are members of local groups that determine what they know, how they communicate and how they treat other humans. Each local group develops' stories, beliefs and rules. Collections of local groups with special beliefs into larger organizations are often described as religion. Religions often claim special privileges for their members so that the term 'religious' is used to claim advantages and superior moral authority where none actually exists. The task of the 21st century religion is to update our descriptions of ourselves to accommodate burgeoning scientific knowledge and an increasingly sophisticated understanding of human behaviour, the brain and complex systems in general and have new and revolutionary knowledge about human beings, their languages, arts and culture; about information gathering, storage and retrieval; about computation, communication; about the transformation of energy and materials; about molecular biology, genetics and the evolution of life on earth.
DR SUHAIL SAHEED
Dr. Suhail Saheed is highly educated and qualified scholar of eminence having knowledge and mastery over Islam and Islamic Studies having Ph d. and MA degree. Educational degree is not sufficient to satisfy him but whatever knowledge he had of Islam is inherited from his religiou8s teacher-cum-mentor who was himself, a great scholar of Islamic Studies. He is a widely traveled scholar and came into connection with several Islamic social and religious organizations which compelled him to bring his knowledge and experience in the form of present volume.
1. Religion in 21ST Century: An Introduction --Pg. 1
2. Twenty First Century and Religion in the World --Pg. 13
3. Voice of 21st Century: Freedom of Religion --Pg. 41
4. The Developmental Approaches to Religion and Science --Pg. 93
5. Religion and Monarchy: Study of the Relationship --Pg. 119
6. The Relationship between Religion,Ethics,Morals and Spirituality --Pg. 151
7. Apologetic Challenges of 21ST Century --Pg.181
8. Transitional Justice,Reconciliation and Religion --Pg. 231
9. 21st Century Religions, Human rights and Civil Society --Pg.269
Bibliography --Pg. 297
Index --Pg. 301