Employability Of Fresh Engineers:issues And Challenge
Employability of fresh Engineering graduates continues to be a major problem faced by a technical education system in India. Due to the lack of core competencies among the fresh engineering pass out the technical availability of technical manpower having advance technical knowledge and skill for the industries in the country are compromised.It has been widely acknowledge d in the recent years that the techanical education in India has falled to keep pace with the requirements of the industry and kept on churning out engineering graduates and diploma holders generally found unemployable by the manufacturing sector. Recent mushrooming of technical Institutions in both the private and public domains focused mainly on quantity rather than quality of technical education. Many fresh engineering pass outs are reported to be laking in much needed technical capabilities required in the manufacturing sectors.While Indian Industries face Shortage of Skilled Technical manpower, there is Increasing unemployment among the fresh engineering graduates and diploma holders. This scenario is forcing many technically qualifield fresh engineering graduates to move non technical areas in search of a livehood , hence the nation is losing precious technical manpower after spending a lot of resources. In order to highlight the problems of unemployment of engineering graduatr in the country a national seminar was held at Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) inviting Experts,Academia and Policy makers to deliver and discuss up on the issues that are confronting the sector ,Eminent speakers of various fields presented their views in the two day seminar. The papers were presented by the experts during the seminar and detailed deliberations were made on various issues related to the Employability of Fresh Engineering Graduates in the Era of Globalisation. The book on "Employability of Fresh Engineers " comprises of 15 papers presented during the two day national seminar. The papers throw light to the problems facing the fresh engineering graduates in the country.
Dr Sabu Thomas
Sabu Thomas presently the Co-ordinator of the K M Mani Centre for Budget Studies (MMMCBS) at Cochin University of Science and Technology had also served as the Research Association in the Nodal Centre for Kerala of National Technical Manpower Information System (NTMIS). Dr. Sabu Thomas acquired Ph D in Economics from University of Kerala in 2000. He was awarded Post Doctoral Fellowship form Cochin University of Science & Technology and Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi. Dr. Sabu Thomas was a consultant of 8th and 9th Pay Revision Commission, Government of Kerala during 2005-2006 and 2010-2011. He was considerable experience in administration and has done extensive research in the area of Labour Economics. He is published more then 30 articles in various News Papers and journals and the books. His books on Ã¢â‚¬Å“PAY DETERMINATION OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEESÃ¢â‚¬Â and Ã¢â‚¬Å“UNION MOVEMENT OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEESÃ¢â‚¬Â were published by the publications department of Cochin University of Science and Technology. He is also the editor of the book entitled Ã¢â‚¬Å“EconomicsÃ¢â‚¬Â specially meant for the UGC-JRF/NET aspirants. His books on Social Security Initiatives in KeralaÃ¢â‚¬Â would be published shortly. In the capacity as a research associate at the Nodal Centre for Kerala, Dr. Sabu Thomas has co-ordinated the Two days national seminar on Ã¢â‚¬Å“Employability of Fresh Engineering Graduates in the Era of Globalisarions Problems and ProspectsÃ¢â‚¬Â. The Present book is an outcome of the Seminar.
1.Employability of Fresh Engineering Graduates in the Era of Globalisation: Problem and Prospects --PG. 1
Dr. Sabu Thomas
2.Quality of Education in the Newly Formed Engineering College and Polytechnics : Issues and Challenges --PG.7
3.Role of Modular Courses,Finishing Schools in Filling up the gap between Education and Employability --PG. 19
4. Industry Academy Linkages in the Global Era: Issues of Employability of Engineers --PG. 33
5. Industry Academy Linkages in the Global Era: Issues of Employability of Fresh Engineers: Review of Recent Trends in India --PG. 45
Dr. S.K. Chakravorty and Dr. K.P. Sunny
6. Employability of Engineering Graduates in india in the Era of Globalisation: Problems and Prospects --PG. 59
V. Upadhyay and Vandita Sahay
7. Labour Market Situation of Agricultural Manpower: Some Issues --PG. 69
I.C Awasthi and Indra Kumar
8.Employability of Engineering Graduates --PG. 111
Dr. M.P. Chandrasekharan
9. Failure Rate and Their Determinants in Engineering Degree Courses in Kerala:Factor Analysis of a Socially Deprived Group --PG.117
10. Relevance of English Language Teaching in Technical education Curriculum to face the Challenges of Globalisation --PG. 135
Ramesh U, Biju C Vand Manoj R .
11. Self Financing Colleges and Employability of Engineering Graduates --Pg. 147
12. Emerging Job Opportunities for Fresh Engineers --Pg 159
13. Profile of Technical Education Facilities : Employment Scenario in the Karnataka State --Pg. 165
Dr. B. M. Dodamani and Aruna Kumar Shetty B.
14. Employability of fresh Engineering Graduates: Problems and Prospects --Pg. 173
15. Engineering Labour Market in Kerala: Quality and Quality Issues --Pg.181
Dhanya Menon and Zakkariya K.A.
16. Engineering Scenario of Fresh Degree and Diploma Holders: Problems of Unemployment Among The Engineers in Kerala engineering scenario OF fresh degree AND diploma holders: problems OF unemployment AMONG THE engineers IN India 191
Index --Pg. 223