Crop Improvement: An Integrated Approach
The present volume titled CROP IMPROVEMENT: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH has 10 chapters divisible in three disciplines. The first discipline deals with biotechnology; includes Crop Improvement in sustainable way through genomic intervention; Advances in hybrid rice technology through application of genetic engineering; Nuclear and organelle specific markers with specific emphasis on chloroplast and its uses in genetic analyses.Assessing morphological,Biochemical, utility and molecular diversity in Coriander (Cariandrum Sativum L.) the status of crop improvement in seed species. The second discipline Physiology deals with Translocation of Photoassimilates, Carbon partitioning and Crop Productivity and Recent Advances in photosynthesis for enhancement of crop productivity: Morphological, Physiological and Biochemical response in Plants subjected to salt stress last chapter Summarizes Utilization of Nanotechnology in Crop Improve. The book will cater to needs of postgraduates specializing in plant breeding genetics, Plant physiology. crop breeding, biotechnology and nano biotechnology, Especially intersted in crop improvement.
C P MALIk et al.
C P Malik has 50 years of experience of Teaching and Research in Genetic Molecular Biology, Molecular Plant Physiology and Plant Biotechnology in several Universities in India and abroad. He has published more then 400 research papers, several reviews and books in the above subject. Malik is recipient of several awards and is fellow of several Academic including Indian national Science Academy (FNA) and Academy of Ag. Science (FNAAS). He is widely travelled and has visited several countries. Gulzar S Sanghera, obtain his Ph. D from PAU. Ludhiana specializing in plant breeding in genetics, plants tissue culture and genetic transformation. Currently, Senior Scientist (PBG) at Mountains Research Centre for Field Crop, Khudwani, in SKUAST-Kashmir. He has published over 60 research papers and review in national and international reputed scientist journals. Pushp Sharma is working as Plant Psysiologist, at PAU, Ludhiana secured her PhD degree in 1992. She has several publications in journal of International repute and has several book chapters.
List of Contributors VII
1. Crop Improvement in Sustainable way through Genomic Intervention --Pg. 1
Waseen Hussain, Gulzar Singh Sanghera, Navdeep Singh Jamwal and Anila Bodiyal
2. Translocation of Photoassimilates Carbon Partitioning and Crop Productvity --Pg. 13
3. Advances in Hybrid Rice Technology through Applications of Novel Technologies --Pg. 61
Sajad Hussain Dar, Waseem Hussain and Gulzar S Sanghera
4. Nuclear and Organelle Specific Mackers with Specific Emphasis on Chloroplast and its uses in Genetic Analyses --Pg. 69
Amandeep Hora, Jyoti Ushahra and C P Malik
5. Morphological, Physiological and Biochemical response in Plants Subjected to Salt Stress --Pg. 85
Ekta Kathuria,Dheera Sanadhya and C P Malik
6. Recent Advances in Photosynthesis for Enhancing Crop Productivity --pG Z. 127
7. Utilization of Nanotechnology in Crop Improvement --PG. 181
Himakshi Bhati Kushwaha and C P Malik
8. Assessing Morphological , Biochemical Utility and Molecular Diversity in Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum L.) --Pg. 213
Nisha Pareek and C P Malik
9.Present Status and Strategic for Improvement in Seed Spices --Pg. 239
M L Jakhar and SS Rajpal
10. Participatory Plant Breeding: Targeting the Needs of Resources Poor Farmers in Marginal Areas --PG. 263
Gulzar S Sanghera, Sajad Hussain Dar, Subhash C Kashyap and G A Parray
Index --Pg. 285