This is an invaluable book for anyone who designs, or aspires to design, costumes for stage productions. It explains the role of the costume designer, from understanding the script to realizing ideas on paper and in fabric. Among the topics covered are: art and design materials; foundations of art and design; exercises for developing drawing skills; script and character analysis; the theater production process; and approaches to historical and modem dress productions. This book provides a real life, in depth look at big studio costume departments with an eye toward explaining whatÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s involved, including costume design theories, department operations and management, from supervision to set labour, fittings, locations and more.
Parul Gupta is one of the renowned costume designers in the country. She Laid foundation of courses related to Fashion and Home Science in many Private Institutions in India. She is actively associated with teaching research and consultancy. She has guided more than 15 groups in deciding their costume outfits. A few corporate with whom she has worked are JK Export House, Leela Export Group and Delight Fashions. She holds a Graduate Degree in Commerce from Delhi University and Pursing Masters of Business Administration from one of leading university of United Kingdom. Prior joining of Master Degree she has obtained various Diplomas and International Certificates in Fashion Technology. She has participated and presented her collections in various Exhibition and seminars of repute.
1.Costume Designing: An Introduction -- Pg. 1
2. Scenographer and the Physical Stage in Costume Designing -- Pg. 10
3. Creative Research in the Theater -- Pg. 91
4. Lighting Costumes and Costuming a Pageant -- Pg. 202
5. Pageants and Triumphs -- Pg. 207
6. Costume Designing in Shakespearean and Other Platform Stages -- Pg. 221
7. Russian Fashion in Costume Designing -- Pg. 238
8. Kitmir House of Embroidery for Costume Designing -- Pg. 255
9. Ardanse House of Fashion for Costume Designing -- Pg. 282
10. Notable Costume Designers -- Pg. 291
Bibliography -- Pg. 311
Index -- Pg. 315